FAQ's & General Information
- You need an account to reserve or participate in any service except if you are attending a Play! Rental. If attending a Play! Rental, you will only need to complete a liability waiver that can be signed at the facility or online prior to the rental event.
- Yes, reservations are required. When booking a reservation request through the system, you will be notified via email/text once the reservation date/time is confirmed. If capacity allows, we may accept daily walk-ins. Please call to verify availability.
- An initial evaluation is required. This is a FREE session. Completion of a “Trial Day” reservation is required in order to book a daycare reservation. The trial day reservation must be at least 4 hours in length, but your dog is welcome to stay the entire day as long as we deem their interactions appropriate for daycare.
- We allow tours of the facility during the hours of 10am – Noon on Weekends. Please contact us to schedule a tour as access to some spaces may be limited during certain dates due to special events.
We require proof of up-to-date rabies, bordetella, distemper/parvo vaccines. The H3N2 Flu Vaccine is strongly encouraged. We also require a clear fecal exam within the past 12 months. You can upload documents from your vet through your online account via the upload page, email them, have them emailed directly from your veterinarian or bring them to your trail day evaluation.
In addition to immunizations, your dog must be registered with the City of Chicago (per Municipal Code 07-12-140) to attend daycare. You can learn more on how to register here.
- Your dog must be at least 4 months old to attend day care or any socialization events.
- All dogs over the age of six months must be spayed or neutered to enjoy Barks N’ Rec Daycare or social events (excluding Play! Rental). We intend to reevaluate this requirement once the facility is up and running and there are enough attendees to warrant a separate play group for each gender to monitor intact dogs.
- Our normal drop off and pick-up hours are between 7:30am & 5pm. Early drop-off can be arranged for 7am, while late pick-up can be arranged until 7pm. For each half hour past 7pm, there is a $20 charge due upon check-out.
- While rare, scratches and light marks from playing will happen every now and then. Our staff is well-trained in judging when to break up play before it becomes too rough. Our staff is also CPR trained and we have serious injury first aid kits throughout the facility in the event an accident occurs. We also have record of your primary veterinarian on file with your dogs profile in the event we need to contact or transport. It is mandatory that all scratches, big or small, are reported to the owner before the dog goes home. Depending on the severity, you will be notified via a phone call when the event occurs as well.
- If your dog is sick, please do not bring them to daycare. If we notice irregular stool or other signs of sickness, your dog will be separated immediately. Depending on the severity, you or your dog’s emergency contact may be called so the dog can be picked up. Since we are a mostly open-air boarding facility, we may not be able to provide proper isolation in a kennel if we feel the situation is harmful to other dogs. For the safety of the other dogs, we cannot allow sick dogs to come to daycare.
- We have an outdoor play area that will be utilized, weather permitting.
- Of course! We will soon be offering a self-serve wash station and once our in-house grooming station is complete we will start accepting clients.
- Yes, at no additional charge! Please ensure you complete the feeding section of your pet’s profile for the reservation. Please portion out their food in a clear zip lock bag with detailed instructions printed on the exterior and we’ll be happy to serve your pup a meal!
- Yes, at no additional charge! Please ensure you complete the medicine section of your pet’s profile for the reservation. Please package the medication in a clear ziplock bag and write detailed dose and time instructions on the exterior and we will be happy to administer the medicine as necessary.
Play! Rental bookings are coming soon!
- We request that if your pet is unable to attend day care on any given day that you provide 24 hours notice.
Login to the customer portal
My Account > View Invoices
- Packages will expire 45 days from first use, as we are currently not accepting reservations.
- Once we are open for business and accepting reservations, newly purchased packages will expire 45 days from purchase date.
- Daycare packages are credits to be used towards your dog’s daycare reservations. A daycare package credit or single session daycare fee is required to cover a daycare reservation.
- Enrichment packages are valid whenever you choose to add-on extra enrichment activities to your dogs daycare stay. You can choose which days you would like to schedule extra enrichment when you reserve your dogs daycare stay. During the day, we will provide 3 extra activities outside of playgroup time for 15-30 minute intervals. These activities will vary but will be similar to nose work, puzzle toys, LickiMats, snuffle mats, other brain games and more!